- Climbing & hiking in one of the most beautiful areas of this world!
- Amazing rock, african wildlife and wild landscapes!
- Guiding by an IFMGA certified Mountain Guide with excellent knowledge of the area!
- Best season to travel to this destination!
About the activity
Our rockclimbing trip to South Africa will take you to the provice of the Western Cape. Two major destinations will keep us busy climbing and exploring the area. The fist spot is the area of Capetown with its famous Table Mountain. It offers superb climbing and advenure hiking options, amazing views to the sea and the buzzing city life of Capetown. The second spot is the Cederberg Mountain Range ,a wilderness mountain range home to some of the finest multi-pitch traditional climbing in South Africa as well as great single pitch sport climbing.
Day 1: Meetingpoint at the hotel and dinner in Capetown.
Day 2: Drive to Nuwerus which is situated about 3,5 hours northwest of Capetown. We will stay at the beautiful Nuwerus Farm which offers comfortable chalets, a large barbecue area with a huge fireplace, a swimming pool and great farm-style hospitality. In the afternoon we will learn and practice how to place camelots n stoppers. In the evening we will enjoy our fist southafrican barbecue.
Day 3: Sportsclimbing day in Roiberg. The Rooiberg climbing area is situated about 40 minutes walking distance from the farmstead. It was only developed recently and offers great routes on typical hard Cederberg rock. After a full day of rockclimbing we will climb the summit of Roiberg and enjoy the amazing views into the valley.
Day 4: Sportsclimbing day in Truitjieskraal (UNESCO Worldheritage). The rock type is coarse Sandstone with a range of grades from easy to difficult on vertical to overhanging rock. Besides amazing climbing the area offers ancient wallpaintings that we can look at. At the end of the day there ist the option of a winetasting in the closeby winery of Winddrift.
Day 5: Adventure hike to Wolfberg Arch. Approximately a 5 hour walk leads us to this stunning place in the middle of the Cederbergs.
Day 6: Sportsclimbing day in Sundrift. A great waterhole offers refreshment after the climbing day and to close of the day there is the option for a winetasting at the winery of Cederberg Wineyards.
Day 7: Multipitch climb on Roiberg 5 pitches up to grade 4 UIAA.
Day 8: Adventure hike to the Tafelberg. Bivouak on top of the mountain.
Day 9: Return to Nuwerus Farm, drive back to Capetown.
Day 10: Adventure hike to Tablemountain through the India Venster.
Day 11: Check out, end of activity and individual departure
* The mentioned timetable is exemplary and may vary due to conditions, ability of the participants, safety & weather limitations.
Fitness Levels & Technical Ability
Price and Services
1700,00 € per Person*
* in a group of 6 people
- Planning and guiding by an IFMGA/UIAGM qualified guide with excellent knowledge of the area
- Guiding in a min/max 1:6 ratio.
- Transportation during the activity
- Overnights and half pension in Capetown and on Nuwerus Farm included
- Entrance fees to Nature Reserves
- flights/ traveling costs to Capetown and taxi transfer to the hotel
- personal insurances
- additional food and beverages
- additional trips / activities e.g. winetastings
- cable car to tablemountain
Dates and Booking
- 30.04.2020 - 10.05.2020
- 01.10.2020 - 11.10.2020