We are available for you also in addition to the offered activities- for example- if you would like to climb a certain summit such as the Eiger, the Montblanc or the Matterhorn, a famous alpine traverse or climb a challenging multi pitch- we will be happy to escort and assist you while you materialize your objectives.
When should you book a private guide
We often find that booking private guiding is the sinful thing to do:
- when you are interested in an activity which is not offered by us
- when you doubt your technical abilities to achieve your goals in the mountains while maintaining a reasonable safety standard
- when the offered dates don’t suite your time table and planning
- when you prefer a weekend activity rather than a full week
- when you have a limited amount of time to achieve your goals and would like to increase your chances of success
why should you book an IFMGA guide
UIAGM/IFMGA mountain guide award is the most exclusive professional award attainable in mountaineering and mountain- related snow sports- such as free riding, heli- skiing, snow shoes trips and ski touring.
The award is recognized throughout the world and is an absolute legal requirement in the Alps for anyone who is taking clients into the mountains in an avalanche threatened environment or on a glaciated terrain winter and summer.
- The qualification procedure to achieve the IFMGA carnet is demanding and takes between 3-7 years to complete. The previous- to the mountain guides course- weeks, months and years of dedication to mountaineering, rock climbing, ice climbing, skiing, ski touring, free riding and many other mountain related topic are uncountable and are the basic requirement for an application procedure to a course.
- Every mountain guide or mountain guide aspirant had passed a long chain of professional education, practicum and ongoing assessments.
- Every fully qualified guide had passed a long and stressful period of final exams and assessments after his or hers practicum period.
- Every guide is obligated to be fully insured, socially compatible, and act within the highest standards of safety and professionalism.
To read more about the UIAGM/IFMGA mountain guide qualification
The time table regarding private guiding may vary greatly from activity to activity, however, it will usually hold a certain frame, for example:
Day 1- meeting the guide at 17:00 in a hotel, issuing gear, going over the activity and having dinner together
Day 2- an early start and an acclimatization tour, a night in the valley
Day 3- an ascent to the hut, a short tour
Day 4- a major tour and descent to the valley/continuation
A private guiding day costs 450 €*
The price includes:
- guiding by a certified UIAGM/IFMGA mountain guide/Aspirant
- planning and booking (huts/hotels)
- technical gear* (excluding mountaineering boots/climbing shoes and clothing); namely a harness, ice & rock gear, ropes, rucksacks & helmets
* unless stated specifically otherwise
The price does not include:
- additional costs such as transport, cable cars, overnights etc.
- mountaineering boots, climbing shoes and clothing
- the additional costs are location and activity dependent and would be included in the specific activity offer upon request*
* The price is for maximum 2 clients per guide; with every additional client an extra sum will be added.