- One week guiding by a qualified IFMGA guide/Aspirant
- Seven 4,000ers in 7 days!
- School day on the first glacier day to increase safety and teach important skills!
- Good acclimatization and a gradual effort scale
- Small groups Max 4:1 client-guide ratio
About the activity
The high summits in the Italian Monte Rosa area, are accessible due to the high elevation of the huts and the flat, long glaciers.The climbing is straight forward and for the most part, not technically demanding- a perfect choice if you want to make your first steps in mountaineering.
The activity includes:
- Snow and ice gear intro
- How to deal with ropes, harnesses, crampons and ice axes
- The right technique to walk in snow and ice
- Self arrest techniques
- Basic experience in climbing short sections of moderately steep ice
- Glacier travel
Day 1- Meeting at 17:00 in Chamonix/Argentiere- the exact hotel’s address will be sent to you before the activity – for a briefing and a gear check.
Day 2- After breakfast we drive to Les Tour and take the lift from the valley to the top station called Bellevue. From here it is a 2,5 hour hike to the hut on a narrow trail. After settling in at the hut we will descent to the glacier and practice all the skills that are needed for the upcoming week. Being active all day at this altitude and sleeping on the hut allows perfect acclimatisation.
Day 3- Descent to the valley and drive to Gressoney (2 hrs.) with one of the afternoon lifts we asce nt to the Mantova hut at 3550 m (about 1.5 hours walk to the hut 300 meters elevation gain)
Day 4- We will climb together 2 mountains above 4,000 meters: Vincent-Pyramide, 4215 m – Schwarzhorn, 4321 m, before walking back to the hut. (750 m ascent + descent, 6 hours walking) this day we will change huts and stay slightly higher at the Gnifetti Hut (3547 m).
Day 5- Ludwigshöhe, 4341 m – Parrotspitze, 4432 m (800 m ascent + descent, 6 hours walking).
Day 6-Two major summits: Signallkuppe 4,554 m, on its summit, the Capana Regina Margherita (the highest mountain hut in the Alps) will host us for a short break. The Zumsteispitze 4,563m is our second summit - after which we return to the Gnifetti hut. (1050 m, 7 hours walk)
Day 7- Via our last 4,000 meter summit- the Punta Giordani 4046 m- we decend back to Gressoney and drive together to Chamonix. (820 m ascent, 6.5 hours walk)
* The mentioned timetable is exemplary and may vary due to conditions, ability of the participants, safety & weather limitations.
Fitness Level & difficulty
- A physically demanding activity- a good level of physical fitness is required (B/C)
- Previous experience in trekking or hill walking and scrambling is an advantage.
- No previouse experiance in snow/ice or rock is required
Price and details
1,100 € Per Person*
The price includes:
- 6 days in the mountains.
- Planning and guiding by an IFMGA/UIAGM qualified guide/Aspirant.
- Transportation throughout the activity
- Guides expenses
- Climbing gear (ice exes, ropes, harnesses, helmets etc.)
- * Guiding in a in a min/max 1:4 guide-client ratio
Price does not include:
- flights and insurances
- cable cars (twice through the week, up to 60 € per day)
- mountaineering boots (rental)
- overnights in a mountain huts and hotel in the valley (1/2 pension estimated 70 € a night)
- Total price estimation 1,620 €
Dates and Bookings
Monte Rosa #1: 31.07.2020 - 06.08.2020
Monte Rosa #2: 22.08.2020 - 28.08.2020
Monte Rosa #3: 04.09.2020 - 10.09.2020
Use this link to book the activity