In addition to our offered winter program, we will be more than happy to offer you our private guiding services; ether in ice or alpine ice climbing, ski touring or ski mountaineering, ski lessons and free riding. Our IFMGA qualified Guides/Aspirants and our ISIA ski instructors stand at the highest level of the obtainable qualification.
When should you book a private guide/ Ski instructor
We often find that booking private guiding or ski instructing is the sinful thing to do:
- when you have a limited amount of time to achieve your goals and would like to increase your chances of success
- when you doubt your technical abilities to achieve your goals in the mountains while maintaining a reasonable safety standard
- when the offered dates don’t suite your time table and planning
- when you prefer a weekend activity rather than a full week
- when you come as a group of skiers/boarders with different levels
- when you come as a family
- when you are interested in an activity which is not offered by us
Why should you book a guide
UIAGM/IFMGA mountain guide award is the most exclusive professional award attainable in mountaineering and mountain-snow sports*.
International Ski instructor's award is the most exclusive professional award attainable in skiing and snowboarding**
- Both awards are recognized throughout the world and are an absolute legal requirement in the Alps for anyone who is taking clients into the mountains in an avalanche threatened environment or on a glaciated terrain winter and summer (IFMGA Guide); or teaching skiing and boarding skills commercially on the piste (International Ski/Snowboard Instructors).
- The qualification procedure to achieve the IFMGA carnet/ ski instructor qualification is demanding and takes between 3-7 years to complete.
- The previous- to the course- weeks, months and years of dedication are uncountable and are the basic requirement for an application procedure to any course.
- Every mountain guide or mountain guide aspirant/ISIA ski instructor had passed a long chain of professional education, practicum and ongoing assessments.
- Every fully qualified guide/ISIA instructor had passed a long and stressful period of final exams and assessments after his or her practicum period.
- Every guide/ISIA instructor is obligated to be fully insured, socially compatible, and act within the highest standards of safety and professionalism.
* To read more about the UIAGM/IFMGA Mountain Guide qualification
It is nearly impossible to pre-set a time table to all winter activities, however a private winter guiding will often have a similar frame:
Day 1- meeting the guide at 17:00 in a hotel, issuing gear, going over the activity and having dinner together
Day 2- activity start, ether acclimatization or first day “warm up” skiing
Day 3 until the last day- depending on the specific activity
Last day- activity ends after breakfast
* we will usually collect back the gear on the evening before the last day
** in our ski/free ride activities we will stop daily- unless stated otherwise- for a lunch break at one of the restaurants/huts in the ski field
Private guiding day costs (courses- ice climbing/ skiing):
|Price for a single person||550 € per day|
|Price for 2 people||650 € per day|
|Price for 3 people||700 € per day|
|Price for 4 people||750 € per day|
|Price for 5-6 people||800 € per day|
Guided ascents prices: If you want to climb a specific summit such as Mont Blanc or Gr. Combin in winter, privately, please contact us to receive a price offer*.
*The different summit's prices are a derivative of the duration, engagement level, remotemess and risk involved in the climb. To get an initial idea about different prices for summits and routes that are not present on our site, take a look at the Swiss Mountain Guides Association platform (German/French)- the prices are in CHF and are covering most major summits in Switzerland only.
Our private guiding prices includes:
- Guiding by a certified UIAGM/IFMGA mountain guide/Aspirant.
- Planning and booking (huts/hotels).
- Avalanche safety gear (regular rucksack, shovel, probe, avalanche transceiver) .
- Technical gear* namely a harness, ice & rock gear, ropes, rucksacks & helmets.
* unless stated specifically otherwise
The price does not include:
- Guides expenses- namely- overnights and half board, drinking water, lifts and transportation.
- Mountaineering/ski boots, climbing shoes and clothing.
- Ski/snowboard rental gear.
- Additional costs for the clients, such as transport, cable cars, overnights etc for the client and guide.
- Mountaineering boots, climbing shoes and clothing.
- The additional costs are location and activity dependent and would be included in the specific activity offer upon request*.