- One of our most intensive courses- addressed to advanced mountaineers
- Maximum 2:1 coaching rate
- Flexibility- in this course we will go wherever conditions are at best
- 4 full days in the mountains with an IFMGA Guide
About the activity
Through “learning by doing”- we will undertake some serious alpine ascents at AD-AD+ level*
The advanced alpinism course is addressed for students who took part in the past in alpine climbing, steep ice climbing and trad climbing.
- Improving speed and efficiency when moving together on alpine rock, snow and ice- fast and light
- Safe and professional route planning
- Route finding and orientation along the three phases of approach, on-route and descent
Day 1- Meeting at 17:00 in Chamonix/Argentiere- the exact hotel’s address will be sent to you before the activity – for a briefing and a gear check.
Day 2- Alpine rock day- either with the cable car or from the valley, we aim to climb a classical alpine-rock route concentrating on efficient & safe movement in alpine terrain.
Day 3- After breakfast we will head up to a high mountain hut- both Turino or Cosmique huts are candidates as well as the swiss Trient hut. In the huts proximity we will climb a mixed ridge.
Day 4- A steep ice climbing day- if conditions allow- to hone our ice climbing skills.
Day 5- A classical ridge climbing and descent to the valley- courses end in Chamonix anytime between 15:30-17:30.
* The mentioned timetable is exemplary and may vary due to conditions, ability of the participants, safety & weather limitations.
Fitness Level & difficulty
Price and details
1,500 € per person*
The Price Includes:
- 4 full days in the mountains.
- Planning and guiding by an IFMGA/UIAGM qualified guide/Aspirant.
- Guide's expenses.
- *Guiding in a min/max 1:2 ratio.
- Transportation during the activity.
Price does not include:
- Flights and insurances.
- Equipment rental/purchase- in our technical courses we expect our clients to provide the equipment for the activity.
- Transportation to or from the airport to Chamonix/Argentiere.
- Nights + half board in a hotel in Argentiere/Chamonix (about 70 € a night).
- Nights in an alpine hut + half board (about 60 € for alpine club member).
- Mechanical lifts and cable cars (about 80 €).
- Total price estimation 2,000 €
Dates and Bookings
Gear list- personal clothing:
- Mountaineering boots crampons compatible
- Light approach shoes
- Climbing shoes
- Climbing pants
- Light water proof pants and jacket (Gore-Tex/Similar)
- Fleece jacket
- 1X thermal long underwear
- 2X thermal long-sleeved shirt
- 2/3X thermal warm socks
- Waterproof gloves with fingers separation
- Thin gloves
- Warm hat
- Sun hat
- Sun glasses (minimum factor 3)
- Headlamp+spair batteries
- Walking poles (optional)
- Down jacket/Prima-loft (optional)
- Sunscreen and lip balm (minimum spf 40)
- Gaiters (optional)
- Lining (hut sleeping sheet) for the nights in the hut
- Small bathing kit and medications
Gear list- personal climbing gear:
- 2X ice screws (19 cm and 16 cm)
- 1X general mountaineering ice axe (“Walking”)
- 1X technical ice axe
- Crampons semi-automatic/automatic with anti-balling system- suitable for general mountaineering and ice climbing
- 4X locking karabiners
- 3X snap link karabiners
- 3X 6 mm Prusiks ("tied" 2m, 1m, 30 cm)
- 2X 120 cm slings
- 5 quick draws
- Belay device suitable for rappelling (for example ATC)
- 30-40 litre rucksack
- 50 m single rope
- set of "stoppers" various sizes (for example: Black d. size #4-#11)
- small set of "friends" various sizes (for example: Black d. size #0.4- #2)
- nut tool
- 3-4 ice screws (13-17 cm)
* before the activity you will have the opportunity to coordinate the gear issues within the group