- One of our most intensive courses- addressed to advanced mountaineers!
- Extra Small groups (2:1 maximum rate) for safety and effectiveness
- Flexibility- in this course we will go wherever conditions are at best
- 5 full days in the mountains with an IFMGA Guide
About the activity
Through “learning by doing”- we will undertake some serious alpine ascents at AD-AD+ level*
The advanced alpinism course is addressed for students who took part in the past in alpine climbing, steep ice climbing and trad climbing.
- Improving speed and efficiency when moving together on alpine rock, snow and ice- fast and light
- Safe and professional route planning
- Route funding and orientation along the three phases of approach, on-route and descent
Day 1- Meeting at 17:00 in Chamonix/Argentiere- the exact hotel’s address will be sent to you before the activity – for a briefing and a gear check.
Day 2- Alpine rock day- either with the cable car or from the valley, we aim to climb a classical alpine-rock route concentrating on efficient & safe movement in alpine terrain.
Day 3- After breakfast we will head up to a high mountain hut- both Turino or Cosmique huts are candidates as well as the swiss Trient hut. In the huts proximity we will climb a mixed ridge.
Day 4- A steep ice climbing day- if conditions allow- to hone our ice climbing skills.
Day 5- A classical ridge climbing.
Day 6- A major snow and ice/ rock route, and descent to the valley- courses end in Chamonix anytime between 15:30-17:30.
* The mentioned timetable is exemplary and may vary due to conditions, ability of the participants, safety & weather limitations.
Fitness Level & difficulty
Price and details
1,550 € per person
The Price Includes:
- 5 full days in the mountains.
- Planning and guiding by an IFMGA/UIAGM qualified guide/Aspirant.
- Guide's expenses.
- Guiding in a min/max 1:2 ratio.
- Transportation during the activity.
Price does not include:
- Flights and insurances.
- Equipment rental/purchase- in our technical courses we expect our clients to provide the equipment for the activity.
- Transportation to or from the airport to Chamonix/Argentiere.
- Nights + half board in a hotel in Argentiere/Chamonix (about 70 € a night).
- Nights in an alpine hut + half board (about 60 € for alpine club member).
- Mechanical lifts and cable cars (about 80 €).
- Total price estimation 2,000 €
Dates and Bookings
Advanced alpinism #1: 31.07.2020 - 05.08.2020
Advanced alpinism #2: 21.08.2020 - 26.08.2020
Use this link to book the activity