- A high-end course addressed to experienced climbers
- Emphasized on moving from single to multi pitch climbing and improving mixed climbing skills
- Intensive course with 5 days of ice climbing in Aosta valley
- Exclusive guide’s to client’s ratio 2:1
About the activity
An advanced ice climbing course for climbers who would like to improve their skills and efficiency on long icefalls.
Day 1: Meeting at 5 pm in the hotel in Argentiere/Chamonix. Welcome talk: course briefing, gear check.
Day 2: Crossing over to Valle di Cogne to run our “warmup day” single pitch climbing on ice and mixed. Rehearsing technique and multi pitch skills.
Day 3: Multi pitch climbing- learning by doing- we will tackle our first ice fall and will “short pitch” it up- maximizing our efficient rope work at the stance.
Day 4: A longer multi pitch (difficulty level depends on the personal ability) bringing into practice the efficient multi pitch technique.
Day 5: Multi pitch ice climb
Day 6: Check out in the morning, a multi pitch climb and return to Argentiere and check in, in our hotel- debrief and activities end.
* The mentioned timetable is exemplary and may vary due to conditions, ability of the participants, safety & weather limitations.
Fitness Level & Technical Ability
Price and Services
1550,00 € per person
- 5 full days in the mountains.
- Planning and guiding by an IFMGA/UIAGM qualified guide/Aspirant.
- Guiding in a max 1:2 ratio (allows safety and fast progress).
- Avalanche safety equipment.
- Video analysis.
- Transportation during the activity.
- flights/ traveling costs to Argentiere
- personal insurances
- mountaineering shoes rental (in case needed)
- overnights in a mountain hut or in the valley (1/2 pension 55- 65€ per night for a participant sharing a double bedroom/dorm)
- food and beverages outside of the half pension
- estimated total expenses 1900,00 €
- In our advanced technical courses, it is expected from the clients to bring their own personal gear and wear.
- The estimated total expenses sum (though calculated conservatively) is only an estimation and may vary.
- Any participant who decided not to take part in one or more of the courses contents, will not receive any refund.
Dates and Bookings
Option 1: 18.01 - 23.01.2020
Option 2: 22.02.2020 - 27.02.2020
Here you can book online!