- A high-end ice climbing coaching, for experienced climbers
- Emphasized on efficient multi pitch climbing and improving mixed climbing skills
- Intensive course with 5 days of ice climbing in ice climbing Mecca- Cogne
- A back up plan flexability for bad weather/conditions
- Exclusive guide’s to client’s ratio 2:1
About the activity
An advanced ice climbing coaching- for experienced climbers who would like to improve their skills and efficiency on long icefalls and in mixed terrain. From our experience, this course suits well, participants preparing or planning on applying for an IFMGA mountain guides course/ other advanced qualification, experienced ice climbers who would like to see where they stand and learn some new and modern “tips and tricks” and in general ice enthusiasts.
Day 1: Meeting at 5 pm in the hotel in Cogne. Welcome talk: course briefing, gear check.
Day 2: “Warmup Day” single pitch climbing on ice and mixed. Rehearsing techniques and multi pitch skills with 2 “half” ropes + a video analysis.
Day 3: Multi pitch climbing training- “short pitching” on an ice fall to maximize the efficiency and rope work at the belay stance, and while rappelling. Afternoon multi pitch climb.
Day 4: A longer multi pitch (difficulty level depends on the personal ability) on ice/mix, bringing into practice the efficient multi pitch technique.
Day 5: Multi pitch ice/mix climb.
Day 6: Check out in the morning, a multi pitch climb, end of activity- debrief and activities end.
* The mentioned timetable is exemplary and may vary due to conditions, ability of the participants, safety & weather limitations.
Fitness Level & Technical Ability
Price and Services
1900,00 € per person
- 5 full days in the mountains
- Planning and guiding by an IFMGA/UIAGM qualified guide/Aspirant
- Guiding in a min/max 1:2 ratio (allows safety and fast progress)
- Avalanche safety equipment + snow shoes if needed
- An option to change areas (to the high gullies and north faces in Helbronner or to other climbing venues in the valley) if conditions are too challenging
- Video analysis
- Transportation during the activity- from Chammonix and back.
- Flights/ traveling costs
- Personal insurance
- Mountaineering shoes rental (in case needed)
- Overnights in a mountain hut or in the valley (1/2 pension 55- 65€ per night for a participant sharing a double bedroom/dorm)
- Food and beverages outside of the half pension
- Estimated total expenses 2250,00 €
- The estimated total expenses sum (though calculated conservatively) is only an estimation and may vary
- Any participant who decided not to take part in one or more of the courses contents, will not receive any refund
Dates and Bookings
05.02.2023 - 10.02.2023
Here you can book online!