- A course for the advanced!
- Implementation of decision making models
- Avalanche awareness and rescue techniques
- Variable terrain skiing- tactics
About the activity
The Lechtal area in Tirol is one of the few areas in the Alps, where time stood still. With hardly any ski lifts and big hotels, the valley is surrounded by high snowy peaks, offering challenging an almost limitless ski touring terrain.
This course adresses people that already gained some ski touring experience. We will teach advanced techniques to plan and execute complex ski tours and the implementation of decision making models in planning and on-route.
Day 1: Meeting at 5pm at the hote. Welcome, check-in, introduction briefing, gear check.
Day 2: Ski tour, digging of a snow profile and performing of a compression test. In the evening we will hear a lecture about avalanche mechanics and an introduction to the avalanche bulletin. Tour planning for the next day.
Day 3: Introduction to the decision-making model- “snow card” at home and on route. tour. In the evening we will attend the 3X3 (“Caution avalanches”) lecture, and plan the ski tour for the next day.
Day 4: Imlementation of the decision- making model “caution avalanches”. In the afternoon- a transceiver usage training with the focus on finding a multiple number of victims
Day 5: An independent ski tour- the participants will plan, examine and execute a ski tour on their own, while making conscious independent decisions on- route under supervision of the mountainguide. In the afternoon, we will learn how to deal with a multi-victim avalanche site.
Day 6: A final ski tour- planned and lead by the participants under supervision of the guide. End of acivity in the late afternoon.
* The mentioned timetable is exemplary and may vary due to conditions, ability of the participants, safety & weather limitations.
Fitness Levels & Technical Ability
Dates and Booking
Option 1: 25.01.2020 - 30.01.2020
Option 2: 15.03.2020 - 20.03.2020
Here you can book online!
Price and Services
1.125 Euros per person
- 5 guiding days with an IFMGA certified moutain guide / aspirant
- 5 nights in a local hotel in a double/twin room including half board (breakfast & dinner)
- Avalanche safety gear.
- Max. ratio guiding 1:7
- ski touring gear rental
- personal insurances
- all additional food and beverages besides the half board in the hotel
Total price estimation 1400,00 €.
- In-case of 5participants, the activity can still take place with an additional payment
- In the hotel, the overnights are based on twin/double bedrooms
- Single room can be ordered with an extra payment and based on availability
- A skier/boarder who decides not to take-part at any time of the activity will not receive any refund
- A skier/boarder who- according to the guide- does not have the right level for the activity, may stay on the piste and will not receive any refund