- Perfect program for good & fit skiers/ snowboarders
- Small groups, max. 6 participants per- guide
- Short climbs and long descents daily!
- Flexible goals and destinations- we can react to almost any weather and snow condition
- 5 days guiding by an IFMGA mountain guide/Aspirant
- 5 nights in a hotel in the valley
About the activity
The meaning of "Free riding +" is, that in addition to our off-piste gear, we also use daily our ski touring gear as well as the in-situ lift systems of the ski areas in Disentis/Vals/Andermatt.
Not only that we get to places that otherwise wouldn't have been accessible but also, we get to ski allot- every day- and on good snow. Depending on the weather and snow conditions we decide what to do and where to go, so this week is a pretty safe bet.
Day 1: Our "choice sites" are Vals, Disentis or Airolo in Switzerland, all of which can be easily reached via public transportation from Zurich’s airport (depending on the location you will need about 2.5-3.5 hours). Independent check-in and at 17:00 a welcome talk, pre activity briefing & safety equipment distribution. If you need the guide’s help with the gear rental- we can meet an hour earlier to help you out.
Day 2: Our first "free ride+" day- depending on conditions we usually do a warm-up run and then, after everyone is more relaxed… put the skins on and start to climb- Our motto: "short climbs, long runs". On one or two days we might start from the valley. Our normal elevation gain per day is around 600 meters (total of 2 hours) – which enables us at times to ski down 3,000 meters and more.
Day 3-5: Guided ski touring and freeriding in various areas.
Day 6: Check out in the morning, last ski-touring and free riding day, end of activity in the late afternoon (15:00-16:00).
* The mentioned timetable is exemplary and may vary due to conditions, ability of the participants, safety & weather limitations.
- Please note that all the gear rental has to be done on day 1!
- On the last day, there is an option to depo your luggage at the hotel, you may return and shower before leaving on the train or bus.
Fitness Level & Technical Ability
Price and services
1250,00 € per person*
- 5 guiding days with an IFMGA certified moutain guide / aspirant
- 5 nights in a local hotel in a double/twin room including half board (breakfast & dinner)
- avalanche safety gear
- *minimum/ max. 6 clients per guide
- ski touring gear rental
- personal insurances
- all additional food and beverages besides the half board in the hotel
- transportation within the activity (if needed)
- ski passes on some of the days (up to 60 €)
- Single room- additional from 40 € per night, based on availability
Total price estimation 1600,00 €.
- In the hotel, the overnights are based on twin/double bedrooms, single room can be ordered with additional payment from 40€ per night and based on availability
- A skier/boarder who decides not to take-part at any time of the activity will not receive any refund
- A skier/boarder who- according to the guide- does not have the right level for the activity, may stay on the piste and will not receive any refund
Dates and booking
Option 1: 06.03.2021 - 11.03.2021
Here you can book online!