- climb Gran Paradiso (4060m) with skis!
- a perfect summit for a winter- mountaineering excursion!
- IFMGA qualified Mountain guides
- only 4 participants per guide
About the activity
A weekend program of ascending the Gran Paradiso (4060 m)on skis/ snowboard. Without cable cars, ski areas or railways around, the Gran Paradiso is the highest “pure” Italian mountain (meaning that the mountain is not being split by different countries) that for the past 100 years is being climbed by fair means: valley to summit on foot!
The spring is the ideal time to commit to this special activity and can complement nicely to people who took part in a previous Haute Route Chamonix-Zermatt ski traverse.
Day 1: We will meet at 17:00 in Chamonix. Welcome talk and briefing, gear check for the next day.
Day 2: Together we drive to Valsavarenche through the Mont Blanc tunnel. A 3 hours climb will take us to the hut Rifugio Chabod (2710 m). Depending on time of arrival we might do a short schooling session on using the ice axe and crampons which will help us the day to come.
Day 3: At first light, we will ascent the long glacier to the last col at 4000 meters. The final few meters on the scenic ridge line to the summit we will climb without our skis, tied and secured. Via the hut we will ski back all the way to the valley.
The mentioned timetable is exemplary and may vary due to conditions, ability of the participants, safety & weather limitations.
Fitness Levels & Technical Ability
Price and Services
490,00 € per person*
- 3 days Planning and Guiding by an IFMGA certified guide/Aspirant
- Avalanche safety gear
- Transportation within the activity
- Half a schooling day (crampons and ice axe usage) depending on the arrival time
- *Min/Maximum 4 participants per guide
- guides expensses
- shuttles to/from the airport
- personal insurances
- skiing equipment rental
- overnights in the valley and in the hut of approximately 80,00€/60,00€ for half pension in the valley/ on the hut
- additional food and beverages outside of the half-board
- In-case of only 3 participants, the activity can still take place with an additional payment
- Prolonging the program to 4-6 days is possible! Please contact us for an offer.
- In an alpine hut, the overnights are usually in bunkbeds with 4-6 people in one room.
- A skier/boarder who decided not to take-part at any time of the activity will not receive any refund
Dates and Booking
Option 1: 01.04.2023 - 03.04.2023
* in addition, we are open to coordinate with you almost any other alternative date from March till June- depending on weather, guides and huts availability.
Here you can book online!