- 6 guided skitouring days by an IFMGA/UIAGM qualified guide/aspirant
- 7 nights in a local hotel/hut with half pension included
- small groups with maximum 4 people
- schooling day (crampons and ice axe usage) included
- maximum 4 participants per guide
About the activity
The Haute Route is probably the most famous ski tour in the world and connects the two major mounaineering hotspots Chamonix and Zermatt . We will enjoy stunning scenery, traverse huge glaciers and ski perfect terrain. The overnights will be spend in traditional huts along the way. Everything we need during the six day travers we willl carry on our backs -packing light is essential! .
Day 1: Meeting point at 5pm in the Hotel. Welcome briefing, gear check, distribution safety equipment.
Day 2: With one of the early cable cars we will ascend to the Grands Montets glacier in Argentiere. On the high glacier we will go over the essentials- how to put on crampons, use an ice exe and arrest a fall. After the ice schooling day, we will ski down to the Argentiere glacier and put- on our skins while climbing to the well camouflaged hut Refuge d'Argentière (2769 m).
Day 3: Through the Col du Chardonnet (3323m) we descend to the village of Champex. In total we ascend approximately 5 hours and ski down about 1700m that day. In the valley a taxi will take us to the village of Verbier.
Day 4: Through the Verbier lifts we will arrive to Col de la Chaux- and from there to Col de Momin and the Rosablanche- if the weather is kind we will be able to have a magnificent view on the Mont Blanc. Later we will descend to the hut Cabane de Prafleuri (2935 m), in which we will spend the night.
Day 5: We will start the day going up from the hut to the Col des Roux, and on the bank of the Dix lake on the way to the hut Cabane de Dix (2928 m).
Day 6: Taversing the summit of Pigne de Arolla (3798 m) we reach the highest point of our journey. The night will be spent at the famous hut Cabane des Vignettes (3157 m), perched on a rock face above the Glacier de Piece.
Day 7: The last skitouring day: We ascend on this day about 1100 meters through three cols- Col de L’Eveque (3392 m), Col de Mont Brule (3210 m) and Col de Valpelline (3568 m). From here we ski down 1800 meters to the town of Zermatt. Our ride back to Chamonix will be waiting for us at the exit from Zermatt, and after 2.5 hour’s we will be back at the starting point of our journey.
Day 8: Check out and end of activity after breakfast.
* The mentioned timetable is exemplary and may vary due to conditions, ability of the participants, safety & weather limitations
Fitness Levels & Technical Ability
Price and Services
1730,oo € per person
- 6 days planning and guiding by an IFMGA/UIAGM qualified guide/aspirant
- 7 nights in a local hotel/hut including half pension (breakfast & dinner)
- Avalanche safety gear
- one schooling day (crampons and ice axe usage)
- maximum 4 participants per guide
- shuttles to/from the airport
- personal insurances
- skiing equipment rental
- other food and beverages outside of the half-board
- transfers during the activity
- total price estimation 1,850 euro.
- this trip is a excellent preparation for a winter Mt. Blanc/ Gran Paradisso ascent !
- in case of 3 participants, the activity can still take place with an additional payment
- in the hotel, the overnights are based on 3-4 people bedrooms
- in an alpine hut, the overnights are usually in bunkbeds with 4-6 people in one room.
- a skier/boarder who decided not to take-part at any time of the activity will not receive any refund
Dates and Booking
Option 1: 31.03.2019 - 06.04.2019
Option 2: 07.04.2019 - 13.04.2019
Here you can book online!