- A course built for climbers with some basic ice climbing experience!
- Our aim is moving from single to multi pitch climbing!
- Intensive course with 5 days of ice climbing in Tyrol (Austria)
- Intimate guide-client ratio
- A direct continuation into our Winter Alpine Semester
About the activity
An advanced ice climbing course for climbers- with basic/single pitch ice climbing experience- who would like to improve their skills and move safely to multi pitch ice climbs.
Day 1: Meeting at 17:00 in the hotel in Füßen (Germany), Welcome talk: course briefing and gear check.
Day 2: Depending on conditions- ether an early morning drive to the Pitztal or a day in the Allgäu/Tannheimertal or the Garmisch/Zugspitz arena for a single pitch day. Our aim is to rehears techniques in ice climbing and make sure to have a good, solid base before moving to multi pitch climbing. In the evening we go over a video analysis of the day.
Day 3: Multi pitch climbing intro- besides lead climbing single pitch icefalls we will learn to build a multi-pitch stance in ice and work with double ropes, among other multi pitch skills.
Day 4: Some bits and pieces left from the day before and through learning by doing- we will tackle our first ice fall “multi-pitch style”- we will “short pitch” it up- maximizing our efficient rope work at the stance.
Day 5: A longer yet easy multi pitch (difficulty level depends on the personal ability) bringing into practice the efficient multi pitch technique.
Day 6: Check out in the morning, a multi pitch climb and return to Füßen- debrief and activity end. ETA to Füßen at ca. 18:00
* The mentioned timetable is exemplary and may vary due to conditions, ability of the participants, safety & weather limitations.
Fitness Level & Technical Ability
- The activity is very hard and intense- a good level of physical fitness is required (fitness level B).
- Experience in ice climbing including lead climb on a single pitch is essential (technical level 4 in ice)
- experience in rock climbing including lead climbing and belaying (technical level 3) is required
Price and services
1350,00 € per person*
- 5 days of intensive ice climbing course
- planning and guiding by an IFMGA/UIAGM qualified guide/ aspirant.
- *group size: min 3 participants.
- avalanche safety equipment
- modern & high-level ice climbing equipment (excluding clothing and shoes)
- video analysis
- transportation during the activity
- flights/ traveling costs to Füssen
- personal insurances
- mountaineering shoes rental (in case needed)
- overnights in a mountain hut or in the valley (1/2 pension 55- 70€ per night for a participant sharing a double bedroom)
- estimated total expenses 1450,00 €
Dates and booking
13.02.2023 - 18.02.2023
Here you can book online!