- A week in Wallis dedicated to climb alpine summits above 4,000 meters!
- Moderately technical summits for experienced hikers
- An "Ice schooling" day integrated in the program
- 5 full guiding days, by a qualified IFMGA guide/aspirant
- Acclimatization as an integral part of the week
- Guiding ratio max 1:2
About the activity
Switzerland is the country with over 50 summits above 4,000 meters and the Saas valley (“Saastal”)- in the middle of Wallis- is at a perfect location to attempt those giants .To increase our safety and make sure we have an enjoyable time in the mountains, we take the time- on the first day- for an “Ice schooling” of a few hours.
The activity includes:
- snow and ice gear usage
- movement on snow and ice
- climbing short sections of moderately steep ice
- climbing short sections of moderately steep rock
- glacier travel
- Allalinhorn 4,020 m
- Rimpfischhorn 4,199 m
- Nadelhorn 4,327 m
- Weismiss 4,017 m
- Alphubel 4,206 m
- Lagginhorn 4,010 m
- Fletschhorn 3,993 m
Day 1- Meeting at 17:00 in Saas Grund Wallis- our hotel is accessible from both- Zurich and Geneve airports.
Day 2- Using the "Hohsaas" (high Saas) cable car, we arrive to the hut and restaurant "Hohsaas" at 3100 m. Today will be dedicated to snow and ice schooling- walking on snow and ice, roped team on a glacier, self-arrest and - time and conditons dependent- some more technical contents such as abseiling and crevasse rescue.
Day 3- 5- Depending on weather and conditions we will spend each day ascending to a different summit.
Day 6- We plan to be in the valley the latest at 16:00 after completing an ascent
* The mentioned timetable is exemplary and may vary due to conditions, ability of the participants, safety & weather limitations.
Fitness Level & difficulty
For more information about our fitness and technical abillities scale- please refer to our site
Price and details
1,800 € Per Person*
The price includes:
- 5 days in the mountains.
- Planning and guiding by an IFMGA/UIAGM qualified guide/Aspirant
- Guides expenses
- Climbing gear (ice exes, ropes, harnesses, helmets etc.)
- * Guiding in a in a min/max 1:2 ratio
Price does not include:
- Flights and insurances
- Cable cars (about 2 times, up to 60 € per ticket)
- Mountaineering boots (rental)
- Transportation throughout the activity
- Overnights in a mountain huts (about 65 € a night with half board- for alpine club members)
- Overnight in a hotel in the valley (about 90 € a night with half board, in a shared room)
Total price estimation (excluding flights and transportation) 2,230 €
Dates and Bookings
Swiss Classics #1: 08.07.2022 - 13.07.2022
Swiss Classics #2: 08.08.2022 - 13.08.2022
Swiss Classics #3: 10.09.2022 - 15.09.2022
Use this link to book the activity