- A week in Wallis dedicated to climb alpine summits above 4,000 meters!
- 6 full guiding days, by a qualified IFMGA guide/aspirant
- Acclimatization as an integral part of the week
- Guiding ratio max 1:3
About the activity
Switzerland is the country with the highest concentration of summits above 4000 meters in the Alps. The Saas valley (“Saastal”)- in the middle of Wallis- is at a perfect location to attempt those giants .Our options are planty: Breithorn 4,164 m, Straalhorn 4,190 m, Allalinhorn 4,020 m, Castor 4,223 m, Weismiss 4,017 m, Alphubel 4,206 m, Rimpfischhorn 4,199 m, are all possible as goals.
The activity includes:
- snow and ice gear usage
- movement on snow and ice
- climbing short sections of moderately steep ice
- climbing short sections of moderately steep rock
- glacier travel
Day 1- Meeting at 17:00 in Chamonix/Argentiere- the exact hotel’s address will be sent to you before the activity – for a briefing and a gear check.
Day 2- a very early start and 2.5 hours drive to Saas Fee in Wallis; with the “Glacier-Express” lift, we ascend the glacier underneath the Allalinhorn, where we practice our cramponing and glacier travel technique while ascending the Allalinhorn (4,020 m) via its normal way. Depending on conditions, we might spend the first night in Wallis in the Britania hut or in a hotel in the valley.
Day 3- 6- depending on weather and conditions we will spend each day ascending to a different summit. On some of the days, especially if our goal is the Weismiss or the Alphubel, we will start the day using the lift from Saas-Grund or Saas-Fee. If our goal will be the Straalhorn or the Rimpfischorn we will start the day from a hut.
Day 7- we plan to be in the valley the latest at 16:00 and drive back to Chamonix where we will return the gear and conclude the activity.
* The mentioned timetable is exemplary and may vary due to conditions, ability of the participants, safety & weather limitations.
Fitness Level & difficulty
- A very physically demanding activity! a very good level of physical fitness is required (C+)
- Previous experience in trekking or hill walking and scrambling is required
- Sure- footedness and adaptation to exposure is essential
- No previous experience in snow/ice or rock is required
Price and details
1,350 € Per Person*
The price includes:
- 6 days in the mountains.
- Planning and guiding by an IFMGA/UIAGM qualified guide/Aspirant.
- Transportation throughout the activity
- Guides expenses
- Climbing gear (ice exes, ropes, harnesses, helmets etc.)
- * Guiding in a in a min/max 1:3 ratio
Price does not include:
- flights and insurances
- cable cars (twice through the week, up to 60 € per day)
- mountaineering boots (rental)
- overnights in a mountain huts and hotel in the valley (1/2 pension estimated 70 € a night)
- Total price estimation 1,900 €
Dates and Bookings
Swiss Classics #1: 31.07.2020 - 06.08.2020
Swiss Classics #2: 21.08.2020 - 27.08.2020
Swiss Classics #3: 04.09.2020 - 10.09.2020
Use this link to book the activity