- A challenging week in the west alps!
- The perfect preparation for a Matterhorn ascent!
- 6 full guiding days, by a qualified IFMGA guide/aspirant
- Guiding ratio max 2:1
About the activity
A challenging activity for experienced and fit participants; our technical summits week will be planed relatively short term based on the weather patterns and conditions for the season. In the activity we will attempt summits and routes up to AD/AD+ difficulty level.
The activity includes:
- snow and ice gear usage
- movement on snow and ice
- climbing sections of steep ice, up to 50 degrees
- climbing sections of moderately steep rock up to III/IV level
- glacier travel
- after the activity a Matterhorn 4,477 m ascent will be possible*
Day 1- Meeting at 17:00 in Chamonix/Argentiere- the exact hotel’s address will be sent to you before the activity – for a briefing and a gear check.
Day 2- a short route from the valley up, to acclimatize and move together on combined terrain. We will either spend another night in the valley or already stay in a hut.
Day 3-6- depending on weather and conditions we will spend each day ascending to a different summit. On some of the days, we will start the day using the lift, and on some of the days we will start our ascent from a hut.
Day 7- we plan to be in the valley the latest at 16:00 and drive back to Chamonix where we will return the gear and conclude the activity.
For the Matterhorn ascent**:
Day 8- A rest day in the valley
Day 9- Drive to Zermatt and ascent to the Hornli hut 3260 m.
Day 10- Ascent via the Hornli ridge on the Matterhorn 4,477 m and a descent back to the valley.
Day 11- a drive back to Chamonix.
* The mentioned timetable is exemplary and may vary due to conditions, ability of the participants, safety & weather limitations.
** depending on hut/guides availability, conditions and participants performance.
** a Matterhorn ascent should be booked at least 30 days before the activity starts.
Fitness Level & difficulty
- A very physically demanding activity- a very good level of physical fitness is required- (C/D) as we will be climbing some days more than 1,000 meters with 10-kg (about 20 Lbs) rucksacks.
- The participants are required to be absolutely sure footed and have basic+ skills in snow, rock and ice (2-3).
- Since we try to maximize the efficiency and may head straight to a very high summit- we recommend the participants to acclimatize on their own before starting the week with us and spend a day and a night above 2500 m.
Price and details
1,800 € Per Person*
The price includes:
- 6 days in the mountains.
- Planning and guiding by an IFMGA/UIAGM qualified guide/Aspirant.
- Transportation throughout the activity
- Guides expenses
- Climbing gear (ice exes, ropes, harnesses, helmets etc.)
- Guiding in a in a max 1:2 ratio
Price does not include:
- Flights and insurances
- Cable cars (twice through the week, up to 60 € per day)
- Mountaineering boots (rental)
- Overnights in a mountain hut (Half board estimation 80 € a night)
- Hotel in the valley (B&B estimattion 80 € a night)
- Dinners in the valley
- Total price estimation 2,150 €
* For additional Matterhorn activity please contact us for a price offer
Dates and Bookings
Technical summits #1: 31.07.2020 - 06.08.2020
Technical summits #2: 21.08.2020 - 27.08.2020
Technical summits #3: 04.09.2020 - 10.09.2020
Use this link to book the activity