- A challenging week in the west alps!
- The perfect preparation for a Matterhorn ascent!
- 5 full guiding days, by a qualified IFMGA guide/aspirant
- Guiding ratio max 2:1
About the activity
A challenging activity for experienced and fit participants; our technical summits week will be planed relatively short term based on the weather patterns and conditions for the season. In the activity we will attempt summits and routes up to AD/AD+ difficulty level.
The activity includes:
- snow and ice gear usage
- movement on snow and ice
- climbing sections of steep ice, up to 50 degrees
- climbing sections of moderately steep rock up to III/IV level
- glacier travel
- after the activity a Matterhorn 4,477 m ascent will be possible*, depending on weather, conditions and the participant's ability.
Day 1- Meeting at 17:00 in Chamonix/Argentiere- the exact hotel’s address will be sent to you before the activity – for a briefing and a gear check.
Day 2- a short route from the valley up, to acclimatize and move together on combined terrain. We will spend another night in the valley or already stay in a hut.
Day 3-5- depending on weather and conditions we will ascend each day a different high, technical summit. On some of the days, we will start using the lift, and on some of the days we will start our ascent from a hut.
Day 6- we plan to be in the valley the latest at 16:00 and drive back to Chamonix where we will return the gear and conclude the activity.
For the Matterhorn ascent**:
Day 7- A rest day in the valley
Day 8- Drive to Zermatt and ascent to the Hornli hut 3260 m.
Day 9- Ascent via the Hornli ridge on the Matterhorn 4,477 m and a descent back to the valley.
Day 10- a drive back to Chamonix.
* The mentioned timetable is exemplary and may vary due to conditions, ability of the participants, safety & weather limitations.
** a Matterhorn ascent is not guaranteed after this week and is dependent on the weather, conditions, the participant’s performance, hut and guide’s availability. If you would like to assure a booking in the hut, please let us know at least 30 days before the activity starts- the hut reservation fees are non-refundable, the guiding fees in case of cancellation due to weather/client's ability are partially refundable.
Fitness Level & difficulty
- A very physically demanding activity- a very good level of physical fitness is required- (C/D) as we will be climbing some days more than 1,000 meters with 10-kg (about 20 Lbs) rucksacks.
- The participants are required to be absolutely sure footed and have basic+ skills in snow, rock and ice (2-3).
- Since we try to maximize the efficiency and may head straight to a very high summit- we recommend the participants to acclimatize on their own before starting the week with us and spend a day and a night above 2500 m.
Price and details
1,770 € Per Person*
The price includes:
- 5 days in the mountains.
- Planning and guiding by an IFMGA/UIAGM qualified guide/Aspirant.
- Transportation throughout the activity
- Guides expenses
- Climbing gear (ice exes, ropes, harnesses, helmets etc.)
- * Guiding in a in a max/ minimum 1:2 ratio
- * The price doe's not include a Matterhorn ascent
Price does not include:
- Flights and insurances
- Guides expenses
- Cable cars (at least twice through the week, up to 60 € per day)
- Mountaineering boots (rental)
- Overnights in a mountain hut (Half board estimation 80 € a night)
- Hotel in the valley (B&B estimattion 80 € a night)
- Dinners in the valley
- A Matterhorn ascent: for an additional Matterhorn activity- price estimations- please refer to our private guiding information and contact us for a specific price calculation.
- Total price estimation 2,150 €
Dates and Bookings
Technical summits #1: 27.06.2021 - 02.07.2021
Technical summits #2: 04.07.2021 - 09.07.2021
Technical summits #3: 31.07.2021 - 04.08.2021
Technical summits #4: 05.09.2021 - 11.09.2021
Use this link to book the activity