- A standard one-week Mont Blanc ascent
- An acclimatization activity in Chamonix before attempting the Mont Blanc
- Guiding ration max 2:1 on the Mont Blanc
About the activity
Our 6 days program is a classical offer of a Chamonix based acclimatization and a Mont Blanc ascent.
The activity includes:
- Snow and ice gear intro
- How to deal with ropes, harnesses, crampons and ice axes
- The right technique to walk in snow and ice
- Self arrest techniques
- Basic experience in climbing short sections of moderately steep ice
- Glacier travel
Day 1- Meeting at 17:00 in Chamonix/Argentiere- the exact hotel’s address will be sent to you before the activity – for a briefing and a gear check.
Day 2- After breakfast we drive to the Italian side of the Mont Blanc, through the famous Mont Blanc tunnel (about 30 minutes). Using the Helbronner panoramic cable car, we reach the Turin hut and the Geant glacier (ca. 3,300 m). The glaciers accessibility, makes it a perfect location for our snow and ice schooling, the high elevation contributes to our acclimatization.
Day 3- Climbing a summit in the hut's proximity followed by a descent to the valley and a drive back to Chamonix.
Day 4- After resting well in the valley, we will head up to our Mont Blanc mountain hut- the Cosmique or the Tete Rousse huts are both good candidates for our Montblanc ascent. The destination will be decided about a week before our activity depending on the conditions on the mountain. (1100 meters elevation gain, about 4 hours walking to Tete Rousse hut)
Day 5- Mont Blanc ascent and an overnight in the Gouter (depending on the hut between 1400 meters climbing to 1100 meters, the summit day is usually calculated as a 10-12 hours day)
Day 6- today’s plan is to get back down to the valley where our activity will be concluded! Estimated time to reach the valley- 12:00-14:00
* The mentioned timetable is exemplary and may vary due to conditions, ability of the participants, safety & weather limitations.
Fitness Level & difficulty
- A very physically demanding activity! a very good level of physical fitness is required (C+)
- Previous experience in trekking or hill walking and scrambling is required
- Sure- footedness and adaptation to exposure is essential
- No previous experience in snow/ice or rock is required
Price and details
1,800 € Per Person
The price includes:
- 5.5 guided days
- Planning and guiding by an IFMGA/UIAGM qualified guide/Aspirant.
- Transportation throughout the activity
- Guides expenses
- Climbing gear (ice exes, ropes, harnesses, helmets etc.)
- Guiding in a in a min/max 1:2 guide-client ratio on the Mont Blanc
- Mont Blanc tunnel fee
Price does not include:
- Flights and insurances
- Cable cars (twice through the week, up to 60 € per day)
- Mountaineering boots (rental)
- Overnights in mountain huts- Montblanc "Normal Way" (2 times 105 € )
- Overnight rif. Torino (Italy) 70 €
- 2 Overnights in the Chamonix valley (1/2 pension at 85 € a night in a shared room)
Total price estimation 2,350€