- A week-long intensive course for people with basic mountaineering experience
- A Chamonix based course- in the heart of the French Alps!
- Skills in alpine rock, snow and ice!
- Small groups (4:1 maximum rate)
- 6 full days in the mountains with an IFMGA Guide/Aspirant
About the activity
Our Chamonix, Classical alpinism course is a “bridge” to use while crossing over from basic to technical contents in mountaineering.
The activity is suitable for our classical mountaineering Wildspitze past students or students who completed a similar basic one week course.
- Refreshing your knowledge in necessary knots and equipment “knowhow”
- Refreshing your knowledge in glacier travel and crevasse rescue
- Anchors in snow & ice and rope manipulations
- Leading and basic multi pitch skills on rock and steep ice
- Independent route planning and orientation
Day 1- Meeting at 17:00 in Chamonix/Argentiere- the exact hotel’s address will be sent to you before the activity – for a briefing and a gear check.
Day 2- Rock day in the valley- refreshing your rock skills on belaying and leading
Day 3- Rock day in the valley- moving into short pitching and a multi pitch climb
Day 4- After Breakfast we will head up to an alpine hut (the Albert 1er or the Argentiere hut are both a good option) and dust our cramponing skills- walking on snow and ice, correct usage of ice axe and a quick prepping of belay system on snow and ice.
Day 5- A steep-ice day- at the huts proximity we will find a steeper section where we could practice steep ice climbing, protecting, belaying and rappelling.
Day 6- An alpine ascent such as Aiguille de Tour 3,540 m or the Petit Foursch 3,520 m - it’s a great training ground for safe movement on alpine rock terrain with mountaineering boots and crampons. (1000 m elevation gain, 5 hours walking, climbing up to UIAA III) and descent to the valley.
Day 7- With the cable car we will either climb a ridge on the Italian or the French side and descent back down to finish the course.
* The mentioned timetable is exemplary and may vary due to conditions, ability of the participants, safety & weather limitations.
Fitness Level & difficulty
Price and details
1,090 € per person*
The Price Includes:
- 6 full days in the mountains.
- Planning and guiding by an IFMGA/UIAGM qualified guide/Aspirant.
- Guide's expenses
- * Guiding in a min/max 1:4 ratio (allows a fast progress).
- Transportation during the activity.
Price does not include:
- Flights and insurances.
- Equipment rental/purchase- in our technical courses we expect our clients to provide the equipment for the activity.
- Transportation to or from the airport to Chamonix/Argentiere.
- Nights + half board in a hotel in Argentiere/Chamonix (about 70 € a night).
- Nights in an alpine hut + half board (about 60 € for alpine club member).
- Mechanical lifts and cable cars (about 80 €).
- Total price estimation 1,500 €
Dates and bookings
Classical alpinism Chamonix #1: 31.07.2021 - 06.08.2021
Use this link to book the activity