- A week-long intensive course for people with mountaineering experience
- A Chamonix based course- access to high summits in the French and Italian Alps!
- Small groups (3:1 maximum rate) for safety and effectiveness
- 6 full days in the mountains with an IFMGA Guide/Aspirant
About the activity
One of our advanced and intense courses in Mountains: we will provide the students the “knowhow” to tackle technical routes in the high mountains, safe and independently. At the end of the course the participants would be able to plan and execute safely a climb on routes of up to PD.
- Different moving and belaying methods in rock and ice- "fast and light”
- Alpine ridges and mixed terrain- learning by doing
- On-route practice of anchors in snow and ice
- Route planning- time table, route finding and orientation
- Advance rescue systems and rope manipulations
Day 1- Meeting at 17:00 in Chamonix/Argentiere- the exact hotel’s address will be sent to you before the activity – for a briefing and a gear check.
Day 2- Rock day in the valley- short pitching on rock, anchors, efficiency in the stance and rappelling.
Day 3- After Breakfast we will head up to an alpine hut where we could practice steep ice climbing, protecting, belaying and rappelling.
Day 4-6- Alpine ascents on ridges, snow and ice flanks- learning by doing.
Day 7- After a route near the hut, we will take the cable car and descent back to the valley to finish the course.
* The mentioned timetable is exemplary and may vary due to conditions, ability of the participants, safety & weather limitations.
Fitness Level & difficulty
Price and details
1,450€ per person
The Price Includes:
- 6 full days in the mountains.
- Planning and guiding by an IFMGA/UIAGM qualified guide/Aspirant.
- Guide's expenses
- Guiding in a min- max 1:3 ratio (allows a safe & fast progress).
- Transportation during the activity.
Price does not include:
- Flights and insurances.
- Equipment rental/purchase- in our technical courses we expect our clients to provide the equipment for the activity.
- Transportation to or from the airport to Chamonix/Argentiere.
- Nights + half board in a hotel in Argentiere/Chamonix (about 70 € a night).
- Nights in an alpine hut + half board (about 60 € for alpine club member).
- Mechanical lifts and cable cars (about 80 €).
- Total price estimation 2,100 €
Dates and Bookings
Technnical alpinism #1: 19.06.2020 - 24.06.2020
Technnical alpinism #2: 31.07.2020 - 06.08.2020
Technnical alpinism #3: 21.08.2020 - 27.08.2020
Use this link to book the activity