- Intensive course for people with mountaineering experience
- A Chamonix based course- access to high summits in the French and Italian Alps!
- Small groups (3:1 maximum rate) for safety and effectiveness
- 5 full days in the mountains with an IFMGA Guide/Aspirant
About the activity
One of our advanced and intense courses in Mountains: we will provide the students the “knowhow” to tackle technical routes in the high mountains, safe and independently. At the end of the course the participants would be able to plan and execute safely a climb on routes of up to PD+.
- Improving moving and belaying methods in rock and ice- "fast and light”
- Efficient climbing of alpine ridges and mixed terrain
- On-route practice of anchors in snow and ice
- Route planning- time table, route finding and orientation
- Rescue systems and rope manipulations
Day 1- Meeting at 17:00 in Chamonix/Argentiere- the exact hotel’s address will be sent to you before the activity – for a briefing and a gear check.
Day 2- Rock day in the valley- short pitching on rock, anchors, efficient rope handling and lead switches on a belay stance, rappelling.
Day 3- After Breakfast we will head up to a high alpine hut**, where we could practice anchors in snow/ice, cravasse rescue and steep ice climbing (depending on the participants needs).
Day 4- 5- Alpine ascents on ridges, snow and ice flanks- learning by doing.
Day 6- After a route near the hut, we will take the cable car and descent back to the valley to finish the course.
* The mentioned timetable is exemplary and may vary due to conditions, ability of the participants, safety & weather limitations.
** please make sure to start the course after spending some time at a high altitude, the overnight on day 3 is already planned to be on a high mountain hut.
Fitness Level & difficulty
Price and details
1,350€ per person*
The Price Includes:
- 5 full days in the mountains.
- Planning and guiding by an IFMGA/UIAGM qualified guide/Aspirant.
- Guide's expenses
- *Guiding in a min- max 1:3 ratio (allows a safe & fast progress).
- Transportation during the activity.
Price does not include:
- Flights and insurances.
- Equipment rental/purchase- in our technical courses we expect our clients to provide the equipment for the activity.
- Transportation to or from the airport to Chamonix/Argentiere.
- Nights + half board in a hotel in Argentiere/Chamonix (about 80 € a night).
- Nights in an alpine hut + half board (about 60 € for alpine club member).
- Mechanical lifts and cable cars (about 80 €).
- Total price estimation 2,100 €
Dates and Bookings
Gear list- personal clothing:
- Mountaineering boots crampons compatible
- Light approach shoes
- Climbing shoes
- Climbing pants
- Light water proof pants and jacket (Gore-Tex/Similar)
- Fleece jacket
- 1X thermal long underwear
- 2X thermal long-sleeved shirt
- 2/3X thermal warm socks
- Waterproof gloves with fingers separation
- Thin gloves
- Warm hat
- Sun hat
- Sun glasses (minimum factor 3)
- Headlamp+spair batteries
- Walking poles (optional)
- Down jacket/Prima-loft (optional)
- Sunscreen and lip balm (minimum spf 40)
- Gaiters (optional)
- Lining (hut sleeping sheet) for the nights in the hut
- Small bathing kit and medications
Gear list- personal climbing gear:
- 2X ice screws (19 cm and 16 cm)
- 1X general mountaineering ice axe (“Walking”)
- 1X technical ice axe
- Crampons semi-automatic/automatic with anti-balling system- suitable for general mountaineering and ice climbing
- 4X locking karabiners
- 3X snap link karabiners
- 3X 6 mm Prusiks ("tied" 2m, 1m, 30 cm)
- 2X 120 cm slings
- 5 quick draws
- Belay device suitable for rappelling (for example ATC)
- 30-40 litre rucksack
- 50 m single rope
- set of "stoppers" various sizes (for example: Black d. size #4-#11)
- small set of "friends" various sizes (for example: Black d. size #0.4- #2)
- nut tool
- 3 ice screws (13-17 cm)
* before the activity you will have the opportunity to coordinate the gear issues within the group